2 cups all purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon kosher salt
1 ½ cups sugar, plus 1 teaspoon for dusting
1 ½ cups Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus more for the pan
1 lemon, juiced
For the Blackberry Sauce:
3 cups blackberries
½ lemon, juiced
1 teaspoon cornstarch
⅓ cup sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt, stir to combine.
- In another bowl, combine sugar, eggs, olive oil, and lemon juice.
- Combine together and stir with a spatula until just combined.
- Transfer to a 9 inch cake pan that has been coated in olive oil. Sprinkle additional 1 teaspoon of sugar over the top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until a deep golden brown and crackling on the top.
- While the cake is baking, add the ingredients for the blackberry sauce into a small saucepan. Simmer on medium/low for 5-7 minutes until the blackberries soften and a sauce forms. Serve cake with the sauce drizzled over it.