1 cup basil leaves or other greens (spinach, kale) packed
1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
1 pound pasta of your choosing
½ pound broccoli florets, fresh or frozen
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
2 garlic cloves
3 cups shredded, cooked chicken
¾ teaspoon salt
- Steam the broccoli for 6 minutes, then rinse with cool water and drain well.
- Pulse the garlic in a food processor until finely chopped. Add the fresh or thawed broccoli and greens to food processor bowl and process until pureed. Scrape down sides of bowl, then continue to process while drizzling in Pompeian Gourmet Selection Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Puree until smooth, then add Parmesan, salt and pepper and process until well blended.
- Parmesan, salt and pepper and process until well blended.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add penne and cook for 12 minutes or until al dente. Set aside 1 cup pasta water and drain penne.
- Transfer penne to a large serving bowl and stir together with pesto, chicken and tomatoes and well blended, adding pasta water as needed to loosen sauce. Serve immediately.