¼ cup Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil
½ cup smooth peanut butter or sunflower butter, divided
1 cup chopped dark chocolate
½ cup white sugar
¾ cup brown sugar
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
6 tablespons cocoa powder
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1 cup all purpose flour
3 eggs, at room temperature
½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Whisk together flour, cocoa powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt chocolate with Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Once glossy, remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- While chocolate-olive oil is cooling, beat eggs and sugar for 5 minutes. Add vanilla. Beat until well combined. Whisk or fold in cooled chocolate-olive oil.
- Add to dry ingredients, whisking until no lumps remain. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter into a greased 8” pan or pan lined with parchment.
- Dollop the peanut butter or sunflower butter over top of the brownies. Using a toothpick, create swirls through the brownie batter.
- Bake for 22-24 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool and enjoy!