1 French baguette
2 Tablespoons + 1 Tablespoon Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil, separated
4 oz plain goat cheese, at room temperature
1 Tablespoon honey
½ teaspoon lemon juice and zest
¼ -½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
Handful of baby arugula
1 pear, sliced thinly
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Slice baguette into ½ inch thick crostini slices, drizzle with 2 Tablespoons Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil and toast on a prepared baking sheet for 10 minutes, flipping half way. Let cool.
- In a medium sized bowl, cream together goat cheese, honey, 1 Tablespoon Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil until smooth. Allow the mixture to sit and marinade.
- Spread goat cheese mixture onto crostini.
- Top with baby arugula and sliced pears.
- Optional: drizzle crostini with extra honey, Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil and red pepper flakes.