1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 stick butter, frozen
6 ounces cheddar cheese
3 heirloom medium tomatoes, sliced
1 teaspoon Pompeian Made Easy Bake Olive Oil
1 teaspoon fresh chives, chopped
flaky sea salt and pepper to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour and salt. Take butter from the freezer and quickly chop with a sharp knife into small pieces.
- Add butter into the flour mix and combine using a pastry cutter or two knives until the butter is in pebble size pieces.
- Add 5-6 Tablespoons of cold water, mix until a dough ball is formed, you may have to use your hands to bring the dough together. Don’t over mix.
- Cover tightly in plastic wrap and store in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. (Or up to two days)
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Dust a clean area on your countertop with flour. Roll the dough out into a circle, adding dusting of flour as you go to avoid sticking.
- Carefully transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment, layer slices of cheddar cheese, tomatoes, a drizzle of olive oil, salt, pepper, and chives. Leave a 1-inch border at the edges of the crust empty, then fold over the sides into the middle.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until the crust is starting to turn golden brown.