3 portobello mushrooms
2 Tablespoons Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 pound Italian sausage, out of casing
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 cup plain breadcrumbs
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 Tablespoons minced parsley
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 egg lightly beaten
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Drizzle 1 Tablespoon of Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil over each portobello mushroom.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook the sausage until browned, about 4 minutes. Add in the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Transfer sausage mixture to a food processor. Add in the breadcrumbs, Parmesan, parsley red pepper flakes, granulated garlic and kosher salt. Pulse for a few times until mixture comes together.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and add in the egg. Stir until well combined.
- Divide the filling among the mushrooms and top each mushroom with shredded mozzarella. Bake until golden brown, about 15 to 18 minutes.