6 Tablespoons Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 ½ pounds whole button mushrooms
10-12 ounces cauliflower florets
¾ ounce garlic, finely minced or grated
1 ounce shallot, finely chopped
½ teaspoon coarse sea salt, to taste
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper, to taste
1 Tablespoon vegetable or chicken stock, or white wine
2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
Grated parmesan cheese, optional
- Use your hands to break up the cauliflower florets to small bite sizes. For the mushrooms, remove the stems but leave them whole. For large ones, slice them in half. Prepare the garlic and shallot in one bowl.
- Preheat a 12-inch skillet over medium heat until it’s hot, about 3 minutes. Add 2 Tablespoons of Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil, cauliflower florets and a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss every 1-2 minutes with a wooden spoon until the florets are crisp with a light brown color, about 4-5 minutes. Transfer them out of the pan.
- Use the same pan, add ¼ cup Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil and mushrooms with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook, tossing and sautéing every 4-5 minutes until mushrooms are mostly golden brown and the moisture has evaporated, about 12-15 minutes.
- Return the cauliflower to the pan and add garlic, shallot, and a pinch of salt. Sauté and stir often until aromatics are softened, 15 seconds.
- Deglaze the skillet with stock and keep sautéing and tossing for 15 seconds. Add 1 Tablespoon parsley, give it another toss and transfer them to a large serving plate.
- Transfer them to a large serving plate. Garnish with parsley and parmesan sprinkles, if using. Serve warm.