4 bundles dino or lacinato kale
3 Tablespoons Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4 shallots, diced
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup coconut sugar
3 teaspoons Cajun spice
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Remove dino kale stems from leaves. Tear leaves into pieces and set them aside in a large bowl. Chop the stems into 2 inch pieces.
- Heat a large pot of water of high heat until boiling. Once boiling, add in kale stems. Let boil for 3-4 minutes. Strain, and immediately transfer to an ice bath.
- Meanwhile heat Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil over medium-low heat in a large pot. Add shallots and minced garlic and sauté for 3 minutes.
After 3 minutes, strain your blanched kale stems and add them to the pot along with Pompeian Organic Red Wine Vinegar, water, coconut sugar, Cajun spice, and red pepper flakes. Stir well.
- Add in all torn kale leaves to the pot and stir well, making sure all of the leaves get covered in liquid.
- Cover pot and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, remove the lid, stir and serve.