2 Tablespoons Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 cup chopped pancetta
1 medium onion, chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
2 carrots, finely chopped
1 lb. ground Italian sausage (cases removed)
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 cup Pompeian White Cooking Wine
1 28-ounce can chopped tomatoes
1 medium butternut squash, spiralized
1/2 cup shaved parmesan
salt and pepper
- Heat a heavy bottomed pot to medium-high heat and add 2 Tablespoons of Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Add the pancetta and cook for five minutes or until slightly browned.
- Add in the chopped onions, carrots and celery and saute for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Add the ground sausage, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Break down the sausage with a wooden spoon. Cook for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Deglaze the pot with Pompeian White Cooking Wine. Add the chopped tomatoes slowly, then simmer on low for 30 minutes.
- Peel the squash and spiralize using the spaghetti blade.
- When the sauce is ready, add the “noodles” to the simmering sauce, folding themin carefully. Cook for 7 minutes until “al dente.”
- Serve with parmesan cheese and a drizzle of Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil.