1 tablespoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon each: garlic powder, onion powder, dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
Salt and pepper to season
2-3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped (4 1/2 – 5 cups)
1/4 cup Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil, separated
1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (15 ounces) fire-roasted sweet corn, drained
1-2 large avocados
3-4 fresh limes, separated
Optional toppings: fresh cilantro, jalapeno, cherry tomatoes, sweet peppers
1/2 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon hot sauce
1-2 large limes (1/2 teaspoon zest, plus 3 tablespoons juice)
Cilantro-Lime Rice or Quinoa:
1 cup quinoa or rice (plus 2 cups chicken stock, chicken broth, or water)
1 large lime (2 tablespoons juice, 1 tablespoon zest)
1/3 cup finely chopped cilantro
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Combine the seasoning mixture: In a small bowl, stir together the chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, dried oregano, paprika, ground cumin, 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper. Stir.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and chop into bite-sized chunks. Toss the potatoes with 3 tablespoons Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil and 1 tablespoon, plus 2 teaspoons of the seasoning mixture. Toss together with your hands until well coated and then bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven, toss around and return for another 15 minutes. Remove, toss around and if needed cook for another 5-10 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are tender. Remove the tray and add the drained and rinsed black beans, drained corn, and one more teaspoon of the seasoning mixture. Toss everything on the tray (the beans and corn will get warm on the hot tray).
- Meanwhile, make cilantro lime rice or quinoa: Bring 2 cups of water to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir in the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and quinoa and return to a boil. Reduce to low heat, cover, simmer until the rice (or quinoa) is cooked through and tender. Stir in the lime juice, lime zest, cilantro, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Make the sauce: combine sour cream, lime zest, and 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice, hot sauce, and 1/2 -1 tablespoon of the remaining spice mixture (or add the spice mixture to personal preference). Whisk until smooth.
- Assemble: in bowls or on plates, add the rice as a base. Top with the sweet potatoes, corn, and black bean mixture. Add your other desired toppings such as avocado, tomatoes, and additional cilantro. Drizzle the sauce over or serve on the side. Squeeze some fresh lime and enjoy immediately!
- For leftovers, store the sauce separately from the other ingredients.
Beef Shish Kabobs With Chimichurri Sauce
Marinated Beef Lettuce Wraps
1 hour 10 mins