For the Cookies
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup cake sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon almond extract
2-3 tablespoons unsweetened non-dairy milk
For the Glaze
1 cup powdered sugar
2-3 tablespoons fresh blood orange juice
1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, add flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir to combine.
- Add Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil, vanilla extract and almond extract. Stir until a crumbly
- dough forms.
- Add 2 tablespoons non-dairy milk; stir until a soft dough ball forms, adding more milk if needed.
- Place the dough ball onto a lightly floured surface. Roll out the dough until it is ¼-inch thick. Using a circular object such as the lid of a jar, cut out cookies; place onto the baking sheet. Repeat until all the dough is used up.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes; do not overbake or they will be too crispy. Set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, add powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons juice and salt. Stir until a thick glaze forms. Add more juice if needed to thin out the glaze or add more powdered sugar if needed to thicken it.
- When the cookies are cooled, glaze the cookies. Top with slices of blood orange and a pinch of sugar!