For the cookie bars:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/8 teaspoon ground Nutmeg
3/4 cup Pompeian Light Taste Olive Oil
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup dark brown sugar
For the frosting:
8 ounces cream cheese
4 ounces powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, combine the wet ingredients, whisking until smooth.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet, stirring until combined, being sure to not over-mix.
- Spread the dough into a parchment-lined 9×13 pan. Bake for 22 minutes, until the edges are golden and the center is just set.
- Remove from the oven and let cool while you make the frosting.
- To make the frosting, add the butter, vanilla, and cream cheese to a large bowl. Using a hand mixer, beat them together until fully incorporated and fluffy. Then add the powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, until frosting forms.
- Frost the bars, cut into slices, and enjoy!