1/2 cup pine nuts
2 cups basil
1 clove minced garlic
1/2 grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons water
4 large Portobello mushroom caps
2 teaspoons Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
Salt and pepper
2 cups diced cooked chicken
2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
4 oz. cubed fresh mozzarella cheese
2-4 Tablespoons pesto
- Pull the stems out from each mushroom cap and drizzle the tops with 1 teaspoon of Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Grill the mushrooms for 3-4 minutes per side or until the mushrooms have softened. Remove the mushrooms from the heat.
- In a food processor combine pine nuts, basil garlic, Parmesan cheese, salt and add in 1 cup of Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Process until the basil has been broken down. Slowly drizzle in the water until the basil comes together. Add more water if necessary, to thin the pesto.
- Toss together the chicken, tomatoes, mozzarella cheese and pesto. Divide chicken mixture between each mushroom cap.
- Preheat the broiler. Broil mushrooms for 2 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly. Remove from the broiler and drizzle with remaining teaspoon of Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Garnish with fresh basil before serving.
- Spoon any leftover pesto into ice cubes tray and freeze for later use.