1 pound tomatillos, husks removed and rinsed
1 small white onion, quartered
1 serrano chili, stemmed
1/4 cup Pompeian Bold Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, plus more for serving
1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
1 teaspoon honey
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 cup light sour cream, plus more for serving
4 cups shredded chicken (about 1 pound)
1 1/2 cups shredded Chihuahua cheese or Pepper Jack cheese, divided
8–10 (6-inch) corn or flour tortillas
Pompeian Avocado Oil Cooking Spray
- Heat oven to broil and set racks in upper and middle position.
- Coat a sheet pan with Pompeian Avocado Oil Spray. Arrange tomatillos, onion, and serrano on prepared baking sheet, drizzle with 1 Tablespoon Pompeian Bold Extra Virgin Olive Oil and broil until charred on all sides, 15 minutes, turning every few minutes.
- Transfer tomatillos, onion, serrano, and any accumulated juices to a food processor. Add cilantro, garlic, honey, and salt and purée until smooth. Season salsa verde with salt to taste.
- Combine 1 cup salsa verde and sour cream. Combine half of the sour cream mixture with chicken and 1 cup of cheese; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat oven to 400ºF.
- Brush both sides of tortillas with remaining Pompeian Bold Extra Virgin Olive Oil and stack tortillas top of each other on a plate. Cover tortillas with a slightly damp paper towel and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Spoon 1/3 cup chicken mixture onto a tortilla, slightly off-center. Roll tortilla around filling and place, seam side down, in baking dish. Repeat filling and rolling with remaining tortillas and chicken mixture.
- Spread remaining salsa verde-sour cream mixture over filled tortillas and sprinkle evenly with remaining ½ cup cheese.
- Bake enchiladas on middle rack until bubbly and starting to brown, about 15–20 minutes.
- Top enchiladas with cilantro and serve with remaining salsa verde and additional sour cream, if desired.