2 medium beets, scrubbed
2 medium sweet potatoes
1 tablespoon tapioca starch or cornstarch
1 teaspoon salt, divided
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon onion powder, divided
1 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
1/2 cup & 1 tablespoon Pompeian Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
1/2 cup pitted dates
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 375 ºF. Individually wrap beets in foil, then place on a baking sheet. Bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Slice sweet potatoes into 1/4″ fries. Place in a bowl of cold water and let sit for at least 30 minutes. When the potatoes are done soaking, drain and pat completely dry.
- Remove beets from oven. Once cool, remove the peel from the beets.
- Heat oven to 400ºF.
- Arrange sweet potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet. Mist with Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray, then toss.
- In a small bowl, add starch, 1/2 teaspoon salt, paprika, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Mix well. Sprinkle mixture onto sweet potatoes, then toss until evenly coated.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until crispy.
- In a blender, add cooked beets, Pompeian Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, dates, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, allspice, cloves and ginger. Blend until smooth.
- Serve sweet potato fries with beet ketchup.