For the Wedge Salad
2 lb. salmon filet, cut into four equal pieces
1 1/2 Tablespoons Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 1/2 cup snap peas, vertically sliced in half
4 heads of little gem lettuce, halved lengthwise (or 2 heads of romaine, quartered lengthwise)
1 pint fresh strawberries, cut into halves or quarters
To garnish: basil leaves, lemon wedges, salt and pepper
For the Basil Dressing
3 Tablespoons lemon juice
1 Tablespoon white wine vinegar
1 cup raw cashews, soaked in just-boiled water for 20-30 minutes then drained and rinsed with cold water
1/2 cup basil leaves, tightly packed
1 garlic clove, minced
3/4 teaspoon salt
Water, as needed to smooth out consistency (add 1 Tablespoon at a time)
- Preheat oven to 450ºF. Coat salmon with Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil then salt and pepper generously. Bake salmon, skin-side down on parchment-lined baking sheet for about 12 minutes.
- To make the dressing, add all ingredients except water to a high-speed blender. Blend on high until smooth, adding water slowly if necessary.
- While the salmon is cooking, remove any broken or large leaves from the outside of the little gems or romaine and discard. Cut in half vertically. Lay salad wedges on plate and top with snap peas and strawberries.
- Serve salmon on the side and drizzle with a generous amount of the dressing.
- Finish by garnishing with extra basil leaves, salt, pepper and serve with lemon wedges.
Author: Wu Haus