2 1/2 tablespoons kosher salt, divided
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3 pounds of Russet potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters or sixths.
5 tablespoons Pompeian Bold Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Freshly ground black pepper
For the Lemon Aioli:
1 cup mayonnaise
1 garlic cloves, grated
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons, Pompeian Bold Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Fresh parsley leaves, chopped, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Bring two quarts of water to a boil. Add in 2 tablespoons of kosher salt, baking soda, and the potatoes. Return to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cook the potatoes until a knife inserted has a little resistance, about 10-12 minutes.
- When potatoes are done, drain, removing as much water as possible and then return them to the pot to let rest some more to have the water evaporate. Transfer the potatoes to a bowl and toss with the olive oil, 1/2 tablespoon of kosher talk and a few cracks of freshly ground black pepper. Toss and shake the potatoes in the bowl to break up the edges and have them resemble mashed potatoes.
- Transfer potatoes to a large baking sheet and spread them out evenly. Transfer to the over and roast on one side for 20-25 minutes. Flip them over carefully and roast for another 30-40 minutes longer, making sure to shake and turn them over during the cooking process.
- While the potatoes are roasting, prepare your lemon aioli. Combine the mayonnaise, grated garlic, lemon juice and olive oil into a bowl and mix until well combined. Place aside.
- When potatoes are crispy and brown all over, toss with some more olive oil and add the parsley.
- Serve with the lemon aioli.