For the tacos:
3 poblano chiles
1 white onion, quartered
3 Tablespoons Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped (about 1 Tablespoon)
1 (1-ounce) package taco seasoning
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 avocado, diced
8 small corn or flour tortillas (use corn for gluten free)
Salt and pepper to taste
Lime juice to taste
Optional toppings: Greek yogurt or sour cream, cilantro
For the slaw:
½ small green cabbage, shredded (about 4 cups)
2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 Tablespoon Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
- Heat broiler to high with rack set 6 inches from heating element.
- Arrange poblanos and onion quarters on a baking sheet and roast until poblanos are blackened and blistered on all sides, about 20 minutes. Let cool then peel skin and scrape away seeds. Roughly chop poblanos and onion.
- Meanwhile, to make the slaw combine cabbage, 2 Tablespoons lime juice, 1 Tablespoon Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper; set aside.
- Heat remaining 3 Tablespoons Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a large nonstick skillet until shimmering. Add garlic and taco seasoning and cook 1½ minutes. Add black beans and cook 3 minutes. Add diced poblanos and onion. Cook, stirring frequently until warmed through, about 3 minutes. Season with lime juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve taco filling in warmed tortillas with slaw and desired toppings. Makes 12 tacos.