For the Crust:
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
16 Tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1/2 cup sour cream
1 Tablespoon white wine vinegar
1/3 cup ice water
For the Filling:
2 Tablespoons Pompeian Organic Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 large red onion, diced
Salt to taste
4 garlic cloves, minced
Pinch of red pepper flakes
1/2 cup white wine
2 bunches of Swiss chard (remove leaves from the stems and coarsely chop, reserving the stems for later)
1 lb. drunken goat cheese, grated
1 large egg yolk
1 Tablespoon water
Everything bagel seasoning
- For the crust, combine the flour and salt in the bowl or a food processor, pulsing to combine. Add the butter and pulse until the texture is like cornmeal, with the biggest butter pieces being the size of pebbles. Add in the sour cream, vinegar and water and pulse until the dough comes together. Pat the dough into a ball, wrap it in plastic and chill it for at least one hour or up to two days.
- Heat oven to 400ºF.
- Meanwhile, heat the Pompeian Organic Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the onion to the pan along with a pinch of salt and cook, stirring frequently until the onions are caramelized and brown, 8-10 minutes.
- Add in the garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook for another 30 seconds. Deglaze the pan with the white wine, scraping up any browned bits, and simmer until almost evaporated, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the chard leaves and cook until wilted and the excess water has evaporated, about 8-10 minutes. Season to taste with salt, as needed.
- On a floured work surface, roll out the dough into a 16-inch round. Transfer to a parchment-lined pizza pan or baking sheet.
- Spread the cheese over the dough, leaving a 1 1/2-inch border. Top with the onion-chard mixture. Arrange the chard stems over the top in neat rows. Fold the border over the filling, pleating as necessary, leaving the center open. Brush the outside of the crust with the egg/water mixture and then sprinkle the everything bagel seasoning over the crust.
- Bake at 400ºF until golden brown, about 30-40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Pumpkin Chia Olive Oil Cake
1 hour 45 mins
Salmon Cakes with Corn & Avocado Salsa