For the Veggie & Apple Salad:
1 large sweet potato, cubed
3 cups brussels sprouts, cleaned and sliced
1 large shallot, sliced
2 Honeycrisp apples, cubed
2 Tablespoons fresh thyme
5 slices cooked uncured bacon crumbled
¼ cup chopped pecans
½ teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
For the Maple Dijon Vinaigrette:
2 Tablespoons Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
3 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Add the cubed sweet potato and sliced brussels sprouts to a large bowl. Add ¼ cup Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil, season with salt and pepper and toss well until veggies are fully coated. Spread the veggies evenly onto a sheet pan along with the sliced shallots and place in oven. Bake for 15 minutes turning one time halfway.
- While the veggies cook add the Honeycrisp apples into a bowl along with the fresh thyme and 1 teaspoon Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Then toss well to coat.
- Add the apple and thyme mixture evenly on the sheet pan along with the precooked veggies, place back in oven and bake for 10 more minutes, turning halfway until the apples are heated through and begin to soften.
- In a small jar with an airtight lid, add the Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil, apple cider vinegar, pure maple syrup, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper. Tightly close the lid and shake well until all ingredients are combined.
- Once the veggies and apples are cooked remove from the oven and add to a large bowl. Pour in ¾ of the maple dressing onto the warm veggies and toss well. Add the crumbled bacon and crunchy chopped pecans (as much or as little as you like). Give it a taste and add any remaining dressing, salt and pepper to your taste if needed.