1 1/2 pounds ripe Roma tomatoes, cored and cut into chunks
1 English cucumber, halved lengthwise, seeded and cut into chunks
2 red bell peppers, stemmed, seeded and cut into chunks
3 cups tomato juice
1/2 small red onion, minced (about 1/2 cup)
3 Tablespoons Pompeian Bold Extra Virgin Olive Oil , plus more for serving
2 Tablespoons sherry vinegar
1 clove garlic, minced
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 cup ice cubes
Chopped basil, croutons, and/or hot sauce for serving
- Pulse tomatoes in a food processor until roughly chopped into1/8–1/4 inch pieces, about 8 pulses. Transfer the mixture into a large bowl.
- Pulse cucumbers in food processor until roughly chopped into 1/8–1/4 inch pieces, about 8 pulses. Transfer the mixture into bowl with tomatoes.
- Pulse bell peppers in food processor until roughly chopped into 1/8–1/4 inch pieces, about 8 pulses. Transfer the mixture into bowl with tomatoes and cucumber.
- Stir in tomato juice, minced onion, Pompeian Bold Extra Virgin Olive Oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper, and cumin.
- Stir in ice cubes, cover with plastic wrap and transfer to refrigerator. Chill for 4 hours (or up to 2 days).
- Discard any melted ice cubes and serve gazpacho topped with basil, croutons, hot sauce, or any toppings of your choice. Top each serving with additional drizzle of the Bold EVOO for extra flavor.