For the dough:
1 packet of active dry yeast (2 ¼ teaspoons)
½ teaspoon sugar
¾ cup warm water
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons Pompeian Bold Extra Virgin Olive Oil
For the pizza:
1/3 cup Pompeian Bold Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup parmesan cheese, finely shredded (optional)
1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Combine yeast, sugar and water in a large mixing bowl, whisk to combine and let rest for 5 minutes until frothy.
- Add flour and salt and combine thoroughly, transfer to a floured surface and knead the dough ball for 5 minutes until it is very smooth. Transfer to a bowl that has been coated in olive oil, cover with plastic wrap and let the dough rise in a warm area for about an hour, until doubled in size. (or leave in the fridge overnight)
- Preheat the oven to 500F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using your fists, stretch the dough out and place on the baking sheet. Stretch the dough large enough to fill the whole sheet.
- Sprinkle the dough with garlic, olive oil, cheese and parsley.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes until the crust is golden brown.